Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking Generic Sitagliptin and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- pancreatitis - severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite, fast heart rate; or
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath; or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Less serious side effects may include:
- runny or stuffy nose, sore throat;
- headache, back pain, joint or muscle pain; or
- nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.