Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Protonix: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Protonix and call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of low magnesium such as:
- fast or uneven heart rate;
- jerking muscle movements;
- feeling jittery;
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- muscle cramps, muscle weakness or limp feeling;
- cough or choking feeling; or
- headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, seizure, or shallow breathing
Less serious Generic Protonix side effects are more likely to occur, such as:
- weight changes;
- nausea, vomiting, mild diarrhea;
- gas, stomach pain;
- dizziness, drowsiness, tired feeling;
- joint pain; or
- sleep problems (insomnia).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.