Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Prevacid: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Prevacid and call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of low magnesium:
- dizziness, confusion;
- fast or uneven heart rate;
- jerking muscle movements;
- feeling jittery;
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- muscle cramps, muscle weakness or limp feeling;
- cough or choking feeling; or
- seizure (convulsions).
Less serious Prevacid side effects may include:
- nausea, stomach pain;
- mild diarrhea; or