Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur:
- Bone fractures
- Mental/mood changes (such as depression, anxiety)
- Swelling of arms/legs, blurred vision
This medication (and cancer) may rarely cause serious problems from blood clots (such as heart attack or stroke). Seek immediate medical attention if you experience:
- Sudden shortness of breath
- Chest/jaw/left arm pain
- Coughing up blood
- Sudden dizziness/fainting
- Pain/swelling/warmth in the groin/calf
- Tingling/weakness/numbness in the arms/legs
- Slurred speech
- Weakness on one side of the body
- Vision changes
- Sudden/severe headache.
Tell your doctor immediately if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur:
- Persistent nausea/vomiting
- Unusual tiredness
- Dark urine
- Yellowing eyes/skin.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat/neck), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
Common side effects of Generic Femara include:
Hot flashes, hair loss, joint/bone/muscle pain, tiredness, unusual sweating, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, and trouble sleeping may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.